The SBBC+ Education Programs are developed for Youth, Adults...Everyone!
Below are the resources and education programs SBBC+ is offering all members of our community the information they need to safely enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle.
Before riding a bicycle, everyone should know the rules of the road. Remember in California everyone under the age of 17 must wear a helmet. Below are links to SAFE Moves, which shows the kind of youth education we support and Streets Are for Everyone, which hosts an annual student competition for the best traffic public service announcement.
E-bikes have quickly become a popular way for the young and old to get around town. Their large batteries and powerful motors make cycling accessible to a much broader audience. Please review and share the following information to keep e-bike riding safe for everyone.
Whether 18 or 85 you can always learn something new. Below are links to the League of American Bicyclists videos and reference sheets for everything from the safety check before starting to the ride home.
League of American Bicyclists Ride safety videos:
Bikes & Gears
SBBC+ Offers the Following Programs
- Elementary schools (Pre-K thru 5), teach the traditional on-campus Bike/Pedestrian/ Scooter safety classes.
- Middle and High Schools, work with PE and teaching staff to teach e-bike/Bike/Ped safety education classes (or hybrid of A & B).
- Bike/Ped Rodeos/Safety Fairs, that might be sponsored by South Bay Cities, Police Depts, PTAs, Clubs, etc.
- Work with SAFE to deploy a South Bay High School PSA Video Award Program.
- Enforcement programs, where we work with local Police Departments and schools to offer Traffic School classes for people that received a citation while riding a bicycle (eBikes included).
- Provide an Education HUB for bicyclists resources for all ages.
- South Bay LA Metro BEST Education Classes (18 years & older)