We are looking for eager and passionate professional to join our organization as a part-time community manager.
The South Bay Bicycle Coalition is a California registered non-profit that was founded in late 2009 by a handful of bike-loving bicycle advocates. We are determined to bring the wide range of local riders together to help create a safer, more accessible, more easily interconnected region in which to ride.
The South Bay Bicycle Coalition strives to improve the region’s transportation culture by prioritizing a comprehensive bikeway network for increased cycling access; safe and secure streets for ALL. Please take a look at the Bike Master Plan that was created to connect 7 cities in the South Bay: El Segundo, Gardena, Hermosa Beach, Lawndale, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach and Torrance.
WHAT WE DO
The South Bay Bicycle Coalition is the leading bike advocacy group in the South Bay. We focus upon projects centered around improving bike infrastructure, bike policy and increasing cycling safety and convenience. To further support this plan, we focus and invest in bike education for riders in all ages. We are run the only Torrance Traffic Court approved Diversion Program. We also invest time and effort in youth bike education programs.
The South Bay Bicycle Coalition Community Manager is the face of a company, managing communications in both directions. This digital-savvy employee is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things. It’s a Web 2.0 communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off.
This is a part-time position that will pay hourly. The time requirement will be 15-20 hours per month. The role and responsibilities include:
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
- Events and event planning – attending and managing bike related events in the cities (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for the community
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
- Customer relations – the Community Manager is responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, facebook, P.O. Box)
- Diversion Program Support – scheduling classes, rooms and managing attendance for court approved bike safety classes
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Outgoing personality
- Writing skills – a background in journalism or experience with writing is a plus
- Social media experience – experience with social media tools is a must. Looking for someone who can navigate WordPress and understand different social media channels
- Interest in the cycling community
- Willingness to work around the clock – this is not a 9-5 job. We will compensate hourly.
- Multi-tasking skills
- PR experience a plus
- Culture Fit
Interested parties should reply with the following:
- Cover letter
- Answer the challenge below in the best way you can:
ADD yourself to the South Bay Bicycle Coalition Facebook Group, what do you recommend we do to improve our engagement.